Long and thick eyelashes will make a person’s eyes look more beautiful and attractive. Eyelashes not only draw attention to the eyes but also protect it from dust, allergens and other debris from falling into the eyes by acting as sensors and thus prevent the transfer of infections to eyes.
Perfect length of eyelashes will help to control the airflow and the rate of evaporation on the surface of cornea which in turn helps to keep the eyes moist for a longer time and keep the dust particles away. So, it has been proved that longer eyelashes are not only for beauty conscious but also related to health.
But due to certain factors like age, nutritional deficiency, genetics, hormonal imbalance, certain medical problems, eye infections, rubbing the eyes roughly, sleeping without removing eye makeup, etc. will delicate the lashes to fall off to make it thin eyelashes.
Are you one among those people suffering from thin eyelashes group? Don’t get worried about your scanty growth, all you have to do is to take proper care and follow some natural home remedies rather than harmful cosmetics for getting thicker growth to your eyelashes.
Coconut oil is the best natural remedy for promoting both eyelashes and eyebrows growth. It makes the eyelashes look bolder and thicker without harming your eyes. Always look for organic, cold pressed virgin coconut oil for treating any health or beauty problem, including for longer eyelashes.
Why Coconut Oil?
Still having doubt on how does coconut oil promotes longer eyelashes? Here we are providing some of its properties that clarify your doubts and thus make you to try this oil for longer and thicker eyelashes.
- It is natural oil that can be safely used around the eyes including lashes.
- Unfortunately, if this oil gets into the eyes, then also it won’t cause any harm to eyes or vision, unlike the usage of cosmetic products.
- It provides natural moisturizer to the lashes (just like it does to hair) to prevent the dust and allergens getting into the eyes.
- It has all medium-chain fatty acids like lauric, caprylic, capric and myristic acid which are meant to be essential building blocks for every cell including eyelashes in the human body.
- It penetrates the eyelash follicles to stimulate its hair growth. It is a non – comedogenic that helps not to clog the skin pores.
- It is very capable of fighting against the hair related issues like dandruff, itchiness and other fungal infections in which some people will get them on their lashes.
- It provides a natural lubricant to the eyes and also acts as a cosmetic that makes the lashes soft and shine.
- It strengthens the lashes to prevent them from falling or breaking and thus promote its growth.
How to use Coconut Oil for Eyelashes:
Long, thick and lush eyelashes are the dream for every woman and coconut oil will definitely fulfill their dream or desire of having long and shiny eyelashes. All you have to do is to follow the below mentioned best coconut oil methods.
Method – 1: (Coconut Oil Eyelash Serum)
DIY coconut oil eyelash serum is a natural cosmetic that makes the best usage of coconut oil for eyelashes growth. Coconut oil acts as a natural pulling agent that draws out the impurities and make the eyelash follicles to stimulate regrowth, Lemon oil helps for cleansing and stimulate the growth, Lavender oil nourishes the lashes and follicles.
Steps to be followed…
- Pour virgin coconut oil into roller bottle till it filled up to 1/4 inch from the top of the bottle.
- Then add 1 drop each of lemon essential oil and lavender oil in this coconut oil.
- Stir it well and push the roller lid on the top of bottle.
- Shake it well to make the serum ready to use for getting longer and lush eyelashes.
- Apply this serum to your eyelashes with the roller ball of the bottle at night before bedtime to prevent greasy looking for daytime usage.
- Usage of roller ball will help to keep the eyes from becoming contaminated. So, use roller ball rather than touching with your fingers.
- Be sure that to blot your lashes with a clean cloth, if there is too much oil on your eyes and there won’t be any oil dripping into the eyes.
- Let it sit for overnight to make the lashes feel well moisturized and rinse it off in the next morning.
- Continue applying this oil serum daily at night time till you achieved the desired results of long and thicker eyelashes.