This homemade muscle rub really works! It penetrates deep into the muscles, bringing a soothing and relaxing sensation. Among the natural muscle relaxers I’ve used, this is one of my favorite remedies to use after I’ve done my BurstFIT workout.
Homemade Muscle Rub
Total Time: 20–30 minutes
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup grated beeswax
- 2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 2 teaspoon ginger or turmeric powder (Note: While turmeric is an outstanding anti-inflammatory, be aware that it will cause some temporary skin discoloration)
- 15 drops peppermint essential oil
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
- glass jar
- Pour all oils (except essential oils) in to a jar. Place a saucepan with 2 inches of water over medium low heat.
- Place jar in saucepan and allow contents to melt. Stir to combine. Add the cayenne and ginger/turmeric.
- Once combined, allow to cool slightly and then add in essential oils. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into metal tins or storage containers and allow to set.