We all are aware of body detox and its benefits; just like our body, hair and scalp needs a detox too! Hair and scalp detoxification process removes buildup from over the counter products that damage your hair. Product and sebum buildup also clogs follicles and leads to stunted hair growth and dandruff. It’s possible to make your own detox hair mask treatments to strip your scalp of the built up chemicals and toxins and reveal it’s naturally clean self. Below is a recipe for DIY hair detox salt shampoo along with its benefits:
- The shampoo exfoliates your scalp because of the salt thus unclogging follicles and pores.
- It washes away grime, dirt and sebum from scalp and hair thus promoting hair growth.
- Your scalp will feel clean and healthy after using this shampoo. If you have very dry scalp, you might need to follow up with a light oil or a serum.
- Salt consists of minerals that nourish hair and strengthen hair follicles.
- Salt also is antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and antifungal.
- Salt helps to remove dead cells, relieves an itchy scalp, and can prevent premature hair loss by allowing blood flow to circulate to the scalp, which promotes growth.
RECIPE FOR DIY HAIR DETOX SALT SHAMPOO:
Things you need:
- 1 cup liquid castile soap or baby shampoo
- 2 tablespoons of salt (sea salt, black salt or Himalayan pink salt)
- Little water
- In a bowl, add 1 cup of liquid castile soap or baby shampoo.
- To it, add 2 tablespoons of salt (sea salt, black salt or Himalayan pink salt)
- Give it a good mix. If it feels very thick, add in a bit of water and mix again.
- Pour this shampoo into a bottle and use as a regular shampoo but only once a week.
- You can also use any essential oils if you want.