If you’ve never washed your face with rice water, you’ve been missing out! This DIY rice water toner uses only rice and water as its ingredients and will cleanse, tone, and purify the skin. Rice water has been used for thousands of years by the Japanese, and that’s what they credit to their youthful, perfect complexion. Rice water contains beneficial skin properties such as Vitamins B1, C, E, and minerals. These vitamins and minerals will cure acne, dark spots and scars, tighten and shrink pores, and prevent and erase wrinkles, fine lines, and crow’s feet.
What we really love about ths DIY rice water toner is that it’s SO easy to make and will actually leave your skin extremely soft and clean after just the first use. All you need is some rice and some water and you’re ready to make your rice water toner!
Rice Water Toner Recipe
- 1/2 cup rice (any kind will work, but we prefer either Jasmine or white rice)
- In a colander, rinse your rice to remove any dirt or debris.
- Then, place your rinsed rice into a pot and cover with water.
- Let the rice sit in the water for about 15 minutes. During this time, all the vitamins and minerals from the rice will seep into the water.
- After the 15 minutes have elapsed, drain the rice, catching all the water into a bowl or jar. Save your rice for cooking!